Luxor Scientific has a work environment that promotes diversity, embraces change, and provides leadership opportunities to every team member. We are on a fast track within the healthcare industry and are seeking highly skilled professionals to take us even further.
So if you are looking to make a move and are a highly motivated professional who welcomes new challenges, take a look at Luxor Scientific. Our current openings are listed below:
Please submit all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Status: Full-Time or 1099
Reports to: VP Sales
Expected Close Date: Open Until Filled
Budgeting, planning, delivering profitable growth per the budget and plan, and maintaining accounts are the essence of the Account Executive position. The Account Executive will be expected to maintain and grow volume profitably with existing clients; to identify, cultivate and onboard new clients profitably; and to assist in the development of other members of the Luxor Sales team. The Account Executive will support Marketing & Business Development in market analysis and business development planning, prospective client identification and analysis. He or she will lead sales budgeting, client needs assessment, proposal development and presentation; closing and onboarding; and account service and maintenance.
· Participate in market assessment and business development planning.
· Develop high-probability prospect database representing all markets and segments within assigned territory(s).
· Analyze and prioritize prospects according to strategic fit, expected profitability, and likelihood and timing of expected closing.
· Develop and execute individual sales budgets and prospect-based workplans with timelines supporting overall business growth and profitability objectives. Identify customer needs and find opportunities to provide solutions for prospective and current clients.
· Communicate and work with Business Development team to optimize call strategies, workplans and timelines.
· Record appointments in Luxor’s electronic calendar in order to coordinate work across the business.
· Regularly, clearly and thoroughly update Management as to progress and future workplans using Luxor’s standard format.
· Clearly, energetically and authoritatively convey Luxor’s capabilities and qualities to prospective clients and others as appropriate.
· Generate demand through call strategies and activities, and drive prospects to closing in a timely manner.
· Maintain as nearly as possible 100% of existing clients.
· Process and resolve customer concerns and/or problems in a timely and effective manner.
· Participate in conferences, events, set up booths, and market services.
· Attend and/or lead team meetings and training.
· Maintain regular and predictable work schedule.
· Check and respond to phone messages and email regularly, and complete Requests for Missing Information urgently.
· Adhere to the requirements of the Standards for Security and Privacy of Individually Identifiable Information (the “Security and Privacy Regulations”), as applicable, under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), as amended, as well as with the Health Information Technology for Economic & Clinical Health Act (“HITECH”), Subtitle D-Privacy (§§13400-13424), as part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, as amended.
· Adhere to the Anti-Kickback Statute (“AKS”) found at 42 U.S.C. § 1320a-7b, which prohibits the exchange (or offer to exchange), of anything of value, in an effort to induce (or reward) the referral of federal health care program business. Understand and be are aware that Luxor’s provision of goods or services to Clients may implicate the AKS if they are beyond customary selling activities, greater than $250.00 per year in value, or are normally the responsibility of the physician’s office staff (See OIG Alert, Federal Register: December 19, 1994). The Account Executive will perform only those tasks defined herein, and will perform no additional tasks which could be interpreted as “clerical or medical functions not directly related to the collection or processing of laboratory specimens”. (OIG Alert).
· Follow all safety regulations and procedures.
· Meet deadlines in a multi-functional task environment.
· Perform other duties as requested.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
· Ten years healthcare sales experience with proven track record demonstrating top sales accomplishments.
· Ability to develop relationships with healthcare professionals and ancillary staff within hospitals, treatment centers, laboratories, commercial/governmental and private practice facilities.
· Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare system processes, including reimbursement.
· Strong work ethic, ability to develop priorities and manage time appropriately.
· Ability to effectively collaborate within a team environment.
· Microsoft Office required.
· Occasional travel required.
· Must have valid driver’s license.
· Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a high level of accuracy and professionalism;
· Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both orally and in writing; and
· Professional and regulatory compliant client service principles and practices.
Physical Demands and Conditions
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
· Work occurs in office, varied forms of transportation, and in clinical environments, with exposure to communicable disease or body fluids. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Travel is required routinely. Normal travel is within a designated territory, but will extend throughout Luxor’s geographic operational range at times.
· Typical work hours: Monday – Friday 8 AM – 5 PM.
· Depending on client-specific work schedule, may include other daily hours, weekends and/or holidays.
· May need to work occasional pre-approved overtime.
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
account management: 3 years (Preferred)